Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thumbs Up!




On Saturday, after tending to the flathead I decided to squeeze every last drop of life out of (maybe) the last semi-warm day here in the mitten. I had missed a ride around "the Thumb" last Monday arranged by some of the crew. So with an itch to see Lake Huron one last time before the snows, I bolted East and began my loop. Going from the freshly turned corn fields of the mid-thumb to the quaint little harbor towns overlooking Huron's slumbering coast is always a satisfying experience and this run was no exception. When the sun began to drop so did the temp - with a vengeance, so it was time to close the circuit and get back home to the fire which I did just as the moon peaked over the roof tops of my quiet little neighborhood. Sounds like a bedtime story right? Well for the Duc it was...